Upgrade your RePL with practical type training for different RPA platforms.
- CASA RPA operating certification: RPA type and weight class
- 2 Days face-to- to face CASA approved training at our facility in Brisbane.
- Theory and Practical training
- All training materials
- Completion Certificate & CASA certification for type and weight class
Who should take this course?
We offer practical RPA type training for individuals seeking to add additional operating types to their existing RePL.
See our Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) course if you have not already completed it.
How much does the RPA Type Training: Fixed Wing course cost?
$1,500* ex GST – we accept online payments or bank transfers.
*Corporate group discounts available
How is the course delivered?
This two-day course is designed for RePL holders to gain experience and certification to fly fixed wing aircraft. We use fixed wing platforms from small types like the senseFly Ebee, up to larger systems used for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations.
Training can be conducted with our airframes, or we can fully accommodate type training for specific platforms that you intend to operate yourself. Contact us to discuss your type training requirements, and we will endeavour to provide you with the most complete type training solution.
What are the course outcomes?
- CASA RPA Operating Certification: RPA type and weight class
- Course Completion Certificate.
When do I receive my certification?
We will present you with a Course Completion Certificate on the final day and our team will submit the required paperwork to CASA who will issue your RePL Certificate within 2 weeks.
What if I already have a PPL or CPL?
You still need to hold a RePL to do this course, but if you have previous aviation qualifications then you’re halfway there! See our Pilot Transition Program to fast-track your RePL.
This course can also be completed in conjunction with the basic RePL course (Multirotor <7KG)
When are the courses held?
Upcoming courses will begin:
- 17 – 21 August 2020
- 31 Aug – 4 September 2020
- 14 – 18 September 2020
- 28 Sep – 2 October 2020
If these dates are not suitable, please reach out so we can arrange an alternative.
Why train with Scout Aerial?
Our mission is to equip drone pilots with the knowledge and skills required for safe, competent and efficient Remote Pilot Aircraft operations for a variety of applications.
Here are a few reasons why we are a trusted organisation for RPAS Training:
- We offer CASA approved training and certification
- We have knowledgeable and qualified instructors with vast aviation experience
- As operators ourselves, we use the latest industry techniques, best practices and cutting edge technology
- We offer further mentoring to help pilots reach their full potential
- Our courses are fun, engaging and professional
Check out this video about our pilot programs.