A tailored syllabus with recognition of prior qualifications.
- Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
- Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate
- 5 Days face-to- to face CASA approved training at our facility in Brisbane.
- Theory and Practical training with written Final Exam
- All training materials
- A tailored syllabus recognising prior qualifications
- Completion Certificate & CASA RePL
Why do I need a Remote Pilot Licence?
The RePL is legally required to operate any RPA for commercial purposes, either under your own Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC) or for a company who holds one. It allows you to fly any multirotor RPA under 7kg and provides access to further exemptions, including the ability to fly in restricted airspaces.
After you have obtained the RePL, you can upgrade your certification to include higher type ratings such as RPA Type Rating: Multirotor sub 25kg and RPA Type Rating: Fixed Wing. We also run Industry Workshops to prepare you for real world RPA applications.
Who should take this course?
This course has been developed to assist those with existing aeronautical qualifications (PPL/CPL/AROC/FROL licences) to obtain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) through a tailored training syllabus.
The program offers recognition of prior qualifications whilst providing the highest standards of RPA training for those seeking to embark on a career as a Remote Pilot, or looking to utilise RPA as a commercial business tool.
How much does the Pilot Transition Program course cost?
$995* ex GST – we accept online payments or bank transfers.
*Corporate group discounts available
How is the course delivered?
This is a 5-day course of interactive face-to-face training at our facility in Eagle Farm (Brisbane). The program includes theory and practical training with a practical flight test and final written exam. We provide all the training material, resources and support to prepare you for a successful outcome.
What are the course outcomes?
- CASA Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) and Course Completion Certificate.
When do I receive my licence?
We will present you with a Course Completion Certificate on the final day and our team will submit the required paperwork to CASA who will issue your RePL Certificate within 2 weeks.
What if I don’t already have any aviation licences or qualifications?
See our Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) Course designed for individuals with little or no aviation background.
When are the courses held?
Upcoming courses will begin:
- 5 November 2018
- 19 November 2018
- 3 December 2018
- 7 January 2019
- 21 January 2019
Why train with Scout Aerial?
Our mission is to equip drone pilots with the knowledge and skills required for safe, competent and efficient Remote Pilot Aircraft operations for a variety of applications.
Here are a few reasons why we are a trusted organisation for RPAS Training:
- We offer CASA approved training and certification
- We have knowledgeable and qualified instructors with vast aviation experience
- As operators ourselves, we use the latest industry techniques, best practices and cutting edge technology
- We offer further mentoring to help pilots reach their full potential
- Our courses are fun, engaging and professional
Check out this video about our pilot programs.